Project 1B: Interview & Magazine

For every building project, there're always a team of professionals involving architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, builders etc. They come from different professions focusing on solving different field of problems, and yet they all share the same goal and are very, very much in the same boat. So for our second ICI assignment, we have to get ready our recorders and video cameras, and interview a building team company and later produce a magazine article about our findings.

For this task, I was chosen to lead the team, comprising Zia Huei, Riven, Gabriel Chin and Michelle. I searched a few companies, some turned us down, some didn't even answer our calls. But luckily, I managed to interview one of my father's old partner. The company is called Wei Sheng Builders Sdn Bhd, and is managed by Mr. Sia Cheng Sheng. (and nope, this is not a big and well known company unlike other groups)

Mr Sia arranged us to meet up at a cafe near his office in Midvalley as it is more convenient for us. We had no car and were worried that taxis would cost a leg and an arm so we decided to take KTM. I'm a half Singaporean and very used to the MRT services there so to be honest, KL's KTM wasn't what I expected. We waited for like an hour plus just to go home. 


and um yes, there's only the three of us.
Michelle ditched us and went back to her hometown after the interview.
Gabe couldn't make it to the interview. 

satisfied faces after we got to board an empty KTM (finalllyyy)
Back to our work though, we filtered the informations that we managed to record and jot down and start settling for our magazine. Here's our work: 







Reflection:
I've always wanted to be a QS when I grow up and here's a chance to interview a real one really brightens my life haha. Although Mr Sia isn't from a big fancy well known company, I am certain that all QSes have the same roles and responsibilities. 




 
CYNTHIA FONG'S EPORTFOLIO. Powered by Blogger.